The latest insights & news from Kinetica
2023 in Review: A Year of Triumphs, Challenges, and Business Expansion13 Dec, 20235
When I look back at 2023, I am extremely proud of everything achieved at Kinetica. This year...
When I look back at 2023, I am extremely proud of everything achieved at Kinetica. This year has been a struggle for many recruitment organisations with firms downsizing or even closing due to market conditions, however, we have had many significant business wins. To say I am ecstatic that we have managed to weather the storm and even grow in this tumultuous market is an understatement.
We have had our fair share of challenges and despite the growth we have encountered it has not been all plain sailing. That said, we have achieved some major milestones, including:
- Establishing an Operations Team: We have hired Emma West as the Group Talent Acquisition Manager and Katie Wright as the Group Marketing Manager. Both functions are entirely new to Kinetica, however, their success has been paramount to our growth throughout 2023 and will continue over the coming years. As a result of their achievements and the work they do, we will look to further increase our operations team next year to support our company wide expansion.
- Expanded our Service Offering: At the beginning of the year, we hired Tom Lawrenson to establish a new Healthcare Division for Kinetica. This is an exciting add on to our Scientific and Medtech sectors, allowing us to expand our reach into new markets and continue to deliver an exceptional recruitment service. In addition to Tom, we have also added Nathan Riley as a Senior Consultant for US Senior Living and Jeevan Bagri as a Senior Consultant in Elderly Care. With their success, we will look to add a further 3 to 4 headcounts to the Healthcare team in 2024.
- Marketing & Content: We launched a brand-new website and talent portal to better service our clients and candidates and we are constantly developing new top tier content for our service users.
- Additional Headcount: Not only where we were happy to add Katie Wright to our operations team, and the 3 new members of our healthcare team, but I was delighted to welcome a new Head of Omics: Thomas Jones, and a Principal Consultant for contract manufacturing: Jacques Fletcher. This expansion will continue in 2024 with the addition of a further 15 new headcount.
- Culture: At Kinetica, we have defined our culture to guarantee we offer our employees the best possible experience. We provide a great flexible working environment, a healthy work life balance and an exceptional benefits package as we want our staff to receive the rewards they deserve. We socialise as a company every month on our incentive days and this team bonding experience ensures we really are one team. I look forward to continuing our company incentives days next year to bring the team even closer together.
- Charity Work: We wanted to share our success and start giving back as a business, so we decided to establish a corporate friendship with the Dog’s Trust. We have held numerous fundraising events this year to support their charity and we will continue this into 2024 with sponsored dog walks, and volunteering days.
- Existing Staff – Despite the new additions, Kinetica has a number of long standing, and highly important team members. I would like to acknowledge their work ethic and support through 2023 – Jason Hines, Claire Collinson, Chris Daysh and Eleanor Holmes. I also look forward to welcoming back Frankie Skellington in 2024 who will be returning from maternity leave.
- Growth & Revenue: Finally, we have had a great year for growth and revenue throughout the business and we look forward to continuing our success into 2024.
I eagerly anticipate what we can accomplish in 2024.