Care Home General Manager - Worthing - Healthcare
About the Company:
We are currently representing an award-winning, leading provider of luxury Elderly Care Homes across the UK. Our client is looking for a Care Home General Manager to join their team at their site in Cambridge. They are committed to providing exceptional care to the residents they serve, with personalised care to fit each residents unique requirements, while allowing them to continue to enjoy the activities they love the most. Our clients' homes are all purpose built, truly breathtaking, premium homes, with a simple purpose; to create communities that enhance the quality of life.
- As care home manager you will be responsible for the day to day running of all aspects of the home. You will build and manage a team that is motivated to deliver the quality care and support the residents deserve and be responsible for the financial management and compliance of the home.
- Overall responsibility of the home managing all direct reports.
- Driving occupancy from scratch.
- Manage the recruitment and training of the team; ensuring training targets are met and team are competent in their roles. Including phasing the recruitment as the occupancy of the home grows.
- Manage rotas and ensure correct team member levels and skill mix within the home on a continual basis.
- Lead, support, empower and inspire direct reports to deliver outcomes for the home.
- Ensuring profit and loss is in line with the budget set.
- Lead the team to ensure they are all aligned with the companies visions and values.
- Building Relationships and Communication with residents, relatives and external stakeholders.
- Develop a business plan for the home on a yearly basis to present to the Senior Management team
- Ensure all reporting is completed accurately and on time.
- Ensure that all regulatory and statutory requirements are met and company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure any requirements from internal and external audits are actioned within the timescales required.
- Proven management experience in a similar sized home and environment.
- Established leadership skills.
- Knowledge of CQC and local authority requirements.
- Strong commercial awareness with P&L accountability.
- Commissioning experience would be preferable.
- Whilst a clinical qualification is not required, it is desirable or you must have previous management experience within a nursing home.