Deputy Care Home Manager - Cambridge - Healthcare
About the Company:
We are currently representing an award-winning, leading provider of luxury Elderly Care Homes across the UK. Our client is looking for a Deputy Care Home Manager to join their team at their site in Cambridge. They are committed to providing exceptional care to the residents they serve, with personalised care to fit each residents unique requirements, while allowing them to continue to enjoy the activities they love the most. Our clients' homes are all purpose built, truly breathtaking, premium homes, with a simple purpose; to create communities that enhance the quality of life.
* Assuming responsibility for clinical care within the home.
* Overseeing the home when the home manager is absent.
* Managing the recruitment and training of the clinical team, ensuring training goals are achieved and the team is proficient in their roles.
* Supervising schedules and ensuring the appropriate skill mix and staffing levels in the home are maintained at all times.
* Guiding, managing, supporting, and motivating the clinical team to achieve positive outcomes for the home.
* Taking charge of supervising, appraising, and managing the performance of the clinical team.
* Initiating regular communication with colleagues, residents, family members, and multidisciplinary teams.
* Guaranteeing compliance with all regulatory and statutory requirements while adhering to company policies and procedures.
* Addressing any clinical requirements identified in internal and external audits within the required timeframes.
* Ensuring nurses remain current with Prep following NMC guidelines.
* Leading the delivery of care in the home, consistently assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating residents' care.
* Ensuring the delivery of exceptional person-centered care, dementia care, and clinical care within the home.
* Regularly reviewing and auditing care plans to ensure they align with residents' needs and reflect the care provided.
* Conducting pre-admission assessments and resident reviews as needed.
* Managing medication orders in accordance with company policies and procedures.
* Completing medication audits in compliance with company policies.
* Overseeing the clinical aspects of induction for new team members and ensuring their full competence and compliance in their clinical roles.
* Hold RN/RGN qualifications with substantial clinical experience.
* Possess expertise or qualifications in dementia care.
* Have leadership and management experience in a care home setting.
* Demonstrated a consistent record of delivering high-quality care in a care home environment.